Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our Over 40 Bodybuilder of the Week is...Peter Cusson

VITAL STATS
  • Name: Peter Cusson
  • E-mail: plcusson@hotmail.com
  • Age: 41
  • Where: Boston, MA
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Weight: 226 Lbs.
  • Years Bodybuilding: 1
  • Favorite Bodypart: Legs and Chest
  • Favorite Exercise: Smith Machine Squats and Incline Dumbbell Presses
  • Favorite Supplements: Nutrex Hemo-Rage Black
How Did You Get Started?

I started weight training in High School while playing basketball and baseball. I continued my basketball career into college and had a weight training program there as well. After college I continued training.

What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Although I've switched my routine up quite often over the years, the routine that always seemed to work best for me was the 4 day on, 1 day off split. This is the one I currently use. I train one major body part and one smaller body part each day for 4 days. Take 1 day off to rest, then repeat the 4 day routine, etc. This allows me to hit each body part every 6 days. At my age, this seems to work well.
I do cardio 5 days per week. I typically do HIIT cardio either on the treadmill where I will do a brisk walk/job for 2 minutes, then sprint for 1 minute, and repeat. This can be done on both the treadmill and elliptical. I also take MMA training classes and Krav Maga training classes each once per week.
Monday: Chest/Triceps
Tuesday: Shoulders/Biceps
Wednesday: Back/Abs
Thursday: Off
Friday: Legs

Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off

No comments:

Post a Comment